By visiting the Site, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
We may collect information directly from you through your use of our Site.
Information We Collect Directly From You. When you sign up to receive updates from Urban Therapeutic Solutions, submit a contact request, or donate to Urban Therapeutic Solutions, we ask you to fill out a form. The form may request your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We also may collect additional information from you specifically needed for the purpose of your contact, including for example payment details from donors and credentials/experience information from professional providers or volunteers.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you visit our Site, we automatically log your IP address, your browser type and your access times. We utilize this information to conduct Site performance evaluations, to see where visitors are coming from and to keep track of the number of unique screens/users who visit our Site. This data helps us to determine what content website visitors find most appealing so that we can maximize your usage of the Site. To opt out of the collection of this demographic information from Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We may also automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site (e.g., did you access the Site using a link from Facebook, Google, or by entering the link directly into your search engine?). Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. The ability to select or download information on our Site is not cookie-driven. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies.Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies.Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries or request for program information, and to process your donations.
- For marketing, issue awareness and fund raising purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to send you news and newsletters, to solicit your support, or to otherwise contact you about upcoming Urban Therapeutic Solutions programs/events we think will be of interest you. From time to time, we may send out email messages soliciting your support, prompting a call to action, or alerting you of what’s new at Urban Therapeutic Solutions. In addition, you may receive communications from us if you have contacted us for a particular reason, and/or to receive the information or service you have requested.
- To better understand how you access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to your desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Your name and address information is used solely to process your requests, program participation, donation, account registration, newsletter sign-up, or request for volunteer information.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information will never be sold, given, rented or traded to others. We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers.We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. Urban Therapeutic Solutions utilizes the services of intermediaries – United Parcel Service (UPS), FedEx, and various direct mail firms to process and/or send out to our program information, solicitations, newsletters and event information. To our knowledge, these intermediaries do not store, retain or use the information in any way. These parties are contractually obligated with Urban Therapeutic Solutions to use your information only for the purpose of communicating these opportunities.
- Business Transfers.If we are acquired by or merged with another organization, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another organization, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other organization.
- In Response to Legal Process.We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information.We may share demographic information in aggregate terms for reporting purposes (such as annual reports, funding sources, charity-watch agencies), research, or similar purposes.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
We may invite you to post content on our Site and provide responses to our blog, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to other users. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public, and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
SECURITY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. All employees must learn and obey our security policies. Access to your personal information is limited to key management personnel and relevant staff. The information is password protected. Our Site security is reviewed regularly. Please be aware that, despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
When you make a financial or in-kind donation, you provide your name and contact information. Financial donors provide standard payment information, which may include credit card information. We use industry standard safeguards to protect your credit cards information through utilization of the Stripe and/or PayPal payment processing system and reCAPTCHA confirmation on all donor forms. Specific data security protocols for Stripe and PayPal are available through their websites. No credit card information is retained by Urban Therapeutic Solutions.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you do not want your personally identifiable information collected or stored, please do not submit it to us. If you have already submitted personal information and would like us to correct or remove your information from our records, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
The Site is not directed at and should not be used by children under the age of 13. We support and comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Urban Therapeutic Solutions does not solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 except as registered program participants. Program participant data is not retained with Site user data. By registering for the Site, you represent and warrant that you are over 13 years of age.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices or in how we use your personally identifiable information, we will post a prominent policy in Urban Therapeutic Solutions’s e-newsletter, and on our Site prior to implementation of the change.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services, would prefer not to receive updates or requests for donations, or would like to make a complaint about this Policy, please contact us at:
E-mail us at email@example.com